What is eCommerce SEO?
eCommerce search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process of impacting the organic (non-paid) search visibility of a website to positively influence the amount of products sold online. SEO for eCommerce brands includes optimising websites for a variety of on-page and off-page factors, these can include:
- Creating a robust website architecture.
- Implementing facet navigation best practice.
- Applying image SEO best practices.
- Providing a fast and frictionless shopping experience across multiple devices.
- Gaining links from a variety of relevant and trusted sources.
The days of putting keywords on a page and pointing backlinks at them have been gone for a long time — SEO for eCommerce is about optimisation, not manipulation.
SEO consultancy for ecommerce
We’ve been working in Ecommerce SEO for years, here are some platforms the team have worked with:
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Formally Demandware)
- Oracle ATG Commerce
- IBM Websphere
- Magento (Community & Enterprise Editions)
- Magento 2 (Community & Enterprise Editions)
- WordPress WooCommerce
- NetSuite SuiteCommerce
- Custom platforms – we’ve also worked with hundreds of bespoke platforms, using everything from good old PHP to more modern ReachJS websites.