What is eCommerce SEO?
eCommerce search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process of impacting the organic (non-paid) search visibility of a website to positively influence the amount of products sold online. SEO for eCommerce brands includes optimising websites for a variety of on-page and off-page factors, these can include:
- Creating a robust website architecture.
- Implementing facet navigation best practice.
- Applying image SEO best practices.
- Providing a fast and frictionless shopping experience across multiple devices.
- Gaining links from a variety of relevant and trusted sources.
The days of putting keywords on a page and pointing backlinks at them have been gone for a long time — SEO for eCommerce is about optimisation, not manipulation.